AEK Stadium Tribune
Ιn 1977 the management of the greek football club AEK decided to build an additional tribune for ist fans in its existing stadium in the district of Nea Philadelphia, Athens. The stadium had been built in 1930.
The sculptural approach of the additional tribune differentiated the new from the existing structure. It had a capacity of 9.000 viewers.
The stadium was completely demolished in 2003.
This project was mentioned in the book Reflections on Greek Postwar Architecture by Panos Tsakopoulos (published 2014).
Architectural design and supervision of construction:
Building site’s area: 24.416m² (262.812ft²)
Building’s footprint area: 885m² (9.529ft²)
Completion of construction: 1979